Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Layering

I know it is only just summer here in western Canada but I am already thinking of fall. It's out in the stores and really, it's been so cold here that it's hard not to think about wool and leather and fur. In a way it is more of a non seasonal way of dressing that works in this climate with opportunities for layering. Here are some of my favorite layering looks for fall.



One of my favorite ways is how Marc did it at Louis Vuitton, just throw a chunky knit over a great dress! What a terrific way to use some of your summer dresses in the fall or keep warm on a cool summer evening.



I love the skinny belt Prada used with those thick sweaters.


 Dries Van Noten's casual fleece with a dressy floral.

I am especially enjoying the contrast of the casual and the formal. It is a great way to work the ladylike trend without getting too prissy. If you need me I will be in my closet digging out my old chunky knit sweaters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment